Friday, June 30, 2017

Corkscrew Independent Project Summary

     Every Conservation Intern at Corkscrew has to complete an independent project of their choosing that they feel will benefit the staff and the organization in some way. I decided to try and describe recent changes in land use surrounding the greater Corkscrew Watershed using aerial shapefiles from the South Florida Water Management to create my maps. I had a big focus on agriculture and urban development, as I learned through research that these were the two big pressures on our watershed. I created these maps and this presentation to spread awareness to Corkscrew staff and volunteers of how we have to be cognizant of the land outside of our borders. I have just completed my internship with Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and want to share some of the maps that I created for this project. Please enjoy and watch the changes through time.
 




Presented by Nicholas Charles, Former Conservation Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment