Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Newest Intern- Kendall

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kendall Williams and I am the newest Corkscrew Conservation Intern! I am very excited to be here.

I am originally from Tampa, FL and I just graduated from the University of Florida in December of 2018 with a degree in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation. Throughout my time at UF I did some really cool things. I took a class that was all about learning wildlife techniques such as the capture of mammals, herpetofauna, and birds, and how to perform vegetation surveys. One of the highlights of this class was catching alligators off an airboat with my bare hands! This class was the thing that cemented in my head that conservation was what I wanted to do. It also opened my eyes to my true passion: Fisheries. This passion hit me so hard and so fast that the next week I had added a Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences minor to my degree. The dream right now is to work on freshwater fish in the pacific northwest of the United States.



Another cool thing I was lucky enough to do while at UF was study abroad. I went to Melbourne, Australia for a semester and absolutely LOVED it. I took mostly classes that pertained to my conservation major but also took an Australian history class that was very interesting. I traveled around the country a lot, including to Brisbane, Sydney, Cairns, Uluru, and camped under the stars in the Australian Outback. I made many good friends and many great memories. It was a trip I will never forget.

Although college and UF was a great experience, I am excited to be in the workforce and focusing on the conservation work performed here at Corkscrew. I can't wait to see where these next six months will take me!

Thanks!

Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment