Friday, March 6, 2020

The Beginning is now The End


It's my last day here on Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and I will miss it. I have learned how to drive swamp buggy's and the tractor. Attended the Florida Audubon Assembly and many Symposiums providing a great deal of information.


Working with the land management team was an experience, and I have learn so much about invasive species treatments, getting to part take in five prescribed burns as well as a ample amount of getting unstuck and fixing equipment learning situations.





In the 40% of research wading bird surveying was my favorite, seeing them catch their prey. Walking through the swamp is tricky but working in it made all the times I almost fell worth it. Farewell Corkscrew I'll be back to visit.




-Ayanna

1 comment:

  1. I’ve learned a lot from your work, Ayanna, especially about plants and flowers at Corkscrew. Hope your future is full of more wonderful adventures in nature.

    ReplyDelete