Friday, March 24, 2017

Meet Conservation Intern Kristina!

Kristina is joining Nick as Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's newest conservation and land management intern. She will also be providing updates to the blog as inspiration strikes.


"I’m a Seattle-area native with a B.S. Environmental Science from American University in Washington, DC. I got my start in conservation searching the Capital park system for seeps, vernal pools, and endangered amphipods that inhabit them. Since then, I have kept tabs on invasive quagga mussel veligers in Las Vegas, spent a brief hiatus in water safety consulting, studied salmon and brown bears in Kodiak, and eradicated ants while monitoring seabirds and marine life on Johnston Atoll. In my free time, I like taking weekend trips to new places and daydreaming about my future mini-farm (hint: quails).  My first few weeks at Corkscrew have been an amazing introduction to the Western Everglades ecosystem and the work that happens ‘beyond the boardwalk.’ I am glad that now I will be able to share all my new discoveries with you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment