Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Seen Any Alligators?





Seen Any Alligators?Coming from two cities that seem to be an eternity away from natural alligator populations, I was never too weary when jumping into water of any kind. However, now that I am here in Florida, there are alligators all over the place. To quote my boss, Ms. Allyson Webb, “anywhere there is a body of water, there is probably going to be an alligator.”

I have now begun the process of learning to spot the large, armored predator throughout Corkscrew. Every time I see an alligator, I try and send a picture of it to my ever-worrying mother and ask her to try and spot the gator, just to freak her out a little bit. Naturally, she always says that the alligator would have eaten her. To be honest, sometimes I send her close-up photos of alligators just so she can say she spotted one. Regardless of my mother’s ability to spot gators in photos, seeing alligators all over the area is definitely a benefit to living in Florida, especially for a herpetology enthusiast like myself.

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment