Friday, August 30, 2019

Electric Land Management



                                                          Electric Land Management



I never thought that after getting a degree in Environmental Biology that I would still have so much to learn about working a land management job.  Land management is so much more than invasive plant removal and prescribed burns. Land management is dealing with the circumstances at hand in the best way possible.

Just the other day the well pump at the mitigation bank finally gave out. Rather than calling it a day, due to the lack of water, Allyson and I went down to good 'ole Lowes and got a new pump. I had never replaced an above ground pump before. I had also never done any rewiring of any kind. This particular day I got a crash course in wiring, water pumps, and pvc glue. We managed to get a brand new pump set in place and ready to go.

If anything this malfunctioning equipment speaks to the adaptability of a land management team. If something goes wrong, it does not hurt to know a little bit more than just invasive species.

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment