Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Panther Island Impressions

I can't believe it's already been two months since I first started down here at Corkscrew. There's always so much to learn and do that the time has just flown by.

My first month was spent pretty much entirely at the main section of Corkscrew, but the last couple of weeks, I've been working up at the Panther Island Mitigation Bank instead. It's been a bit of an adjustment, having to learn a whole new set of procedures, and just when I was finally starting to feel comfortable with the first ones!

Even so, I've absolutely loved getting to work up there. For a week or so, I got to work on a project pretty much independently, and getting it completed was extremely satisfying. Not to mention, I got to see some neat wildlife while I was out working as well, like this Florida Softshell Turtle, and this mama deer with her fawn.




And even though I don't know my way around very well yet, I absolutely think that Panther Island is one of the most beautiful places I've seen here in Florida.



Until next time!
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment